Sunday, February 19, 2012

Barbie Collector Farrah Fawcett Doll for sale

Barbie Collector Farrah Fawcett Doll for sale



    Inspired by Farrah Fawcett in her world renowned classic red swimming costume
    Farrah Fawcett doll' body's molded from the pose from the iconic 1976 poster
    She wears her iconic red swimsuit and has a blanket which is displayed in poster
    Doll gives true homage to your true American icon who's, Farrah Fawcett
    Important favorite for just about any Barbie Collector

I was a massive fan of Farrah while i was obviously a small child and try to wanted a Farrah made by Mattel. Used to do have two versions of an Farrah doll produced by a new company during the time plus they featured accurate facial sculpts, rendered somehow rather hideous with nasty textured hair additionally , on a shape with funny stork thin shapeless legs. A similar could possibly be said of another doll of Farrah rendered in miniature. But I took what I might get.

So, I had been very excited to listen to Mattel was finally going to issue a Farrah doll. I own a small child of my very own now and that we play Barbies together. I'd been getting excited about a version I possibly could use along with my daughter, in the end these DECADES! Unfortunately Farrah is frozen in their famous bathing suit poster pose. Jane is for display purposes only and that limits my enjoyment of her.

However, adult collectors will appreciate the excellent facial sculpting. Some pictures make it appear which the head is disproportionately huge regarding one's body but also in person, this is simply not true. Your head Is bit large but Farrah did have a very large strong square jaw in real life.

They did a great job capturing her eyes, the design of her brows, the initial hook of her nose, and her cleft chin. My doll has some dark streaks in her hair like the original poster. I've come across photos of very platinum hair, which is highly inaccurate representation of Farrah's hair during that time. So, customer warning an advanced stickler for accuracy.

The suit is accurate. The blanket is spot-on accurate. Her graceful signature adorns the front from the plastic box.

For anyone who is thinking of, as a number of people have suggested on some forums, of popping her head off and putting it with a poseable body, observe her eyes gaze off to her right, not straight ahead. And I'm undecided how her head would fit on existing body molds that i am acquainted with.

I started rating this doll only 3 stars because it is not poseable, but I remarked that wasn't fair. By no means are these claims doll advertised as poseable. They state quite clearly she actually is frozen in position. The high quality and sculpting are superb. They captured her look adequately. Your hair isn't the true "Farrah Cut" that any of us are very mindful and love, however it is pretty, and mine could be the accurate color, that was a nice surprise.

Oh one last complaint--the paint on her behalf "lipstick" slightly bleeds over onto tooth. She's "lipstick teeth". Its with the periphery which enable it to be overlooked if you don't can be extremely particular.

Summary:

Pros: Accurate Hair color
Accurate facial sculpt
Excellent copy on the regard as the first poster.

Peeves: Not poseable
Haircut isn't the real Farrah style, not close
Lipstick teeth.

UPDATE: I ordered two additional dolls. Anyone to be placed fully mint in box. Another like a backup should I totally all messed up web site during my "experiment". I analyzed house elevators removing present-day Barbie heads. I acquired a Fashionista spare head & torso segment (there're perhaps the new distinct Barbies that let you switch heads by just pushing a control button and detaching the and the main torso). I pulled the normal Barbie go with the Fashionista neck and torso assembly. To accomplish this, heat your head under hot plain tap water for the minute to melt the. Pull the pinnacle off firmly and STRAIGHT OFF. Usually do not pull at an angle or you'll just be strain the small plastic post that holds the head onto the body. After the head is off, try taking some nippers and clip journey "fish hook" appendages from your post. These really are not needed to secure the pinnacle onto the neck and just weren't a part of Barbie neck assemblies as i was obviously a kid. If you take away the fish-hook type extensions it's less of a challenge to discover the Farrah head onto it's new neck assembly.

Farrah's head is not hard to get off of her non-poseable body. I just pulled firmly and straight. I didn't even ought to heat the, therefore not risking ruining her hair.

I now have a totally poseable Farrah doll that my daughter and i also can play with!

FYI: Barbie will probably be issuing a brand new line called Barbie Basics 2.5. I do believe this new line may even be described as a better match with the Farrah head compared to Fashionista body I'm using now. The fundamentals 2.5 doll may have fully articulated arms, unlike current Basics dolls. It'll have a far more detailed neck area just like the one about the Farrah doll body. So I'll likely to end up transplanting poor Farrah's head over again.

The explanation I am not completely proud of the Fashionista body's that you have a seam that cuts over the breasts (where the torso may be separated on the body for quick head changes) plus it looks unattractive with Farrah's red bikini.

I hope this little bit of news helps other people who wish a poseable version of Farrah!

This Farrah Fawcett Barbie is gorgeous! Mattel did a fantastic job capturing Farrah's famous swimsuit poster, her dazzling smile and mixture of girl to your neighbors innocence and blonde bomshell looks. The Famous Farrah poster who has sold 12 millon copies since it's debut in 1976. The biggest selling pin up poster to date. The poster sent Farrah into superstardom prior to she landed her role on Charlies Angels. The Farrah Barbie incorporates her famous red swimsuit, gold chain, and blanket. Her hair is pre- styled by tiny rubber bands and strings to hold on to it available.It's going to easily fall under a bigger feathered hair look by carefully removing a number of bands. The sole con I am able to find is the body in the doll was developed permanently posed, the arms and legs don't have any movement. This can be an issue for a lot of collectors who wish to change her outfit etc.. I'm thrilled to display her inside box. The lamp has three pictures of Farrah from her famous photo shoot in 1976 and a small bio on the back. The photo session was taken outside in the home Farrah lived at along with her husband at the time Lee Majors in July 1976. That is a black label Barbie for your adult collector. It's wonderful to own a real lovely tribute for starters of my childhood heros. The main sell from all of these dolls is going to be donated towards Farrah Fawcett Foundation. I believe any Farrah fan and Barbie collector is going to be happy to have her. Rest in peace sweet angel Farrah!!!

We have added several pictures to see closer up detail with this lovely doll!

Her hair is wrong!! So bummed. I thing Farrah was one of the most beautiful women on the planet. I just now wanted something fun to keep in mind her by since I was a really barbie fanatic since a child. I still adore it. I'm taking it to my hair dresser to pretty up her hair. RIP Farrah. so sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment